Saturday, March 14, 2009

beginnings

there is a beginning to everything. you could say that this beginning started a few years ago when i first got the idea in my head that opening a theatre company would be something that interests me. something that i wouldn't mind doing for the rest of my life. but there are certain events that really urge you to start. there are two in my case.

1. i really hate my job. i wake up and think, "crap." i get to work and am immediately bored by the prospect of 8 hours in front of my computer. i've actually gained 33lbs since i started working there. i am unhappy with all of this. so the thought of getting up and actually doing something that i love, thrills me.

2. i am about to lose my first grandparent. this will be the first family member to pass away and at the ripe age of 25 i realized that i need to start doing what i love. because life is short. and precious. and i don't want to be in her position in 50 years and think, "i never did what i loved, and what i was good at."

so we have beginnings.

the proclamation was actually quite abrupt but for the first time it actually felt obtainable. "i am going to put on a musical." this simple statement set my gears into motion and i just happened to tell the right person about this proclamation. L. together we are laying the groundwork for a collaborative arts company that promotes joining the efforts of local artists to put together new productions and art gallery shows. it is community based. it is a network for artists. it is a way to meet new people. it is affordable. it is inspirational. it is a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment